Thursday, March 25, 2010

My Sadies Date, 4 Years Running


Last weekend I took Erik to the Sadie Hawkins dance as my date and co-chaperon. He's been my date to Sadies four times in our history together: 2001, 2002 (our junior and senior year of high school), 2009, and 2010 (my first two years of teaching). At last year's Sadies he noticed that a couple kids on the dance floor were kicking something around on the dance floor. He went over to pick it up and discovered a small clear baggy with a white powdery substance in it. My boyfriend: DEA. This year was a lot less intense. It was held at K1 Speedway instead of Knott's Berry Farm. Erik got to ride the go-karts for free once before the dance started and I'm pretty sure he got the fastest racing time all night. My boyfriend: Speed-racer.

All in all we had a good time. It's funny to chaperon kids at a high school dance. Compared to the adult world, high school dances are very lame.

That's all I've got.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's so funny that we used to make such a big deal out of the dances! It must be so weird to experience them from both sides. Do you look at the students and think, "Did I actually used to be like this?" Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete